What to do for better optimization of the website?
With this question, the interviewer wants to know that you are aware of Search Engine Optimization and it is not a done and forgotten task. To keep pace with the technological developments, Google keeps updating its SEO algorithms every day. So, it is important to provide a good user experience and following are certain things to take care of:
1. Quality of content: This is most important. A website with poor quality or plagiarized content will never secure a good place despite doing everything else.
2. Choose the right Keywords: Do a proper keyword research to land upon the correct keywords. Your keywords should have low to medium competition that would bring traffic to your website.
3. Page Titles: Make sure they are relevant and clear.
4. Page Load Time: With increasing mobile traffic is increasing the importance of page load time. Take steps to minimize it.
5. Linking: Internal linking is very useful make it easier for your users to navigate and get good content.
6. Mobile Responsive: Now a day’s people use their smartphones to use the internet. Make sure your page is responsive and is easy to use on mobile phones also.