What is the difference between Hub, Switch, and Router?
- Hub is least expensive, least intelligent and least complicated of the three.
It broadcast all data to every port which may cause serious security and reliability concern.
- In a Network, Hub is a common connection point for devices connected to the network. Hub contains multiple ports and is used to connect segments of LAN.
- Switches work similarly like Hubs but in a more efficient manner.
It creates connections dynamically and provides information only to the requesting port.
- Switch is a device in a network which forwards packets in a network.
- The router is smartest and most complicated out of these three. It comes in all shapes and sizes. Routers are similar like little computers dedicated for routing network traffic.
- Routers are located at gateway and forwards data packets