How to take a screenshot on your Mac?
Capture the entire screen
In macOS Mojave:
- Press Shift-Command-5 on your keyboard to see the onscreen capture controls:
- Click Capture Entire Screen in the onscreen controls. Your pointer changes to a camera .
- Click anywhere on any screen to capture the screen of that display, or click Capture in the onscreen controls to capture the screen of every display.
- A thumbnail of the screenshot briefly appears in the corner of your screen. You can then find the screenshot on your desktop.
In all versions of macOS:
- Press Shift-Command-3 to capture the screen of every display.
- Find the screenshot on your desktop.