Describe the layers of the OSI model?
OSI model stands for Open System Interconnection It is a framework that guides the applications on how they can communicate in a network.
OSI model has seven layers. They are listed below,
- Physical Layer (Deals with transmission and reception of unstructured data through a physical medium)
- Data Link Layer (Helps in transferring error-free data frames between nodes)
- Network Layer (Decides the physical path that should be taken by the data as per the network conditions)
- Transport Layer (Ensures that the messages are delivered in sequence and without any loss or duplication)
- Session Layer (Helps in establishing a session between processes of different stations)
- Presentation Layer (Formats the data as per the need and presents the same to Application layer)
- Application Layer (Serves as the mediator between Users and processes of applications).