RE: How To Stop Nail Biting?
Here are some tricks to try:
- Decide that you are going to stop. No tactic or strategy will help you if you don’t make a decision to quit, and commit to it.
- Pick a day to quit. Circle it in red on your calendar. Remind yourself often, in the days leading up to it, that this is the day you’re going to stop biting your nails.
- The day before your Quit Day, splurge on a professional manicure. If you can’t afford one, do it yourself with these steps:
- Remove any polish with a non-acetone polish remover.
- Carefully push back cuticles – do not cut them!
- Use a body scrub mixed with bath gel for a do-it-yourself hand-polishing scrub. Massage the mixture into your skin, paying careful attention to the area immediately around the nail-bed.
- Rinse with warm water, and gently pat off the excess water.
- While the hands are still damp, rub a thick body cream or body butter into your hands and cuticles. Wipe off the excess with a soft towel.
- After the cream is absorbed, and your hands are completely dry, use a soft emery board to gently shape the nails in your preferred shape.
- Apply a pale polish, if you like. Otherwise, use a buffer to impart a nice sheen to your nails.